Homecoming Queen Candidate Spotlight for 2021

The Bismarck Homecoming Celebration is coming up tomorrow.  The theme for this year is “Through the Decades.”  Members of each class have been decorating the hallways throughout the junior and senior high all week.  Each hallway is a blast from the past.

For homecoming this year at Bismarck, the Class of 2021 will have seven seniors represented who have the potential to be crowned the new queen.  The candidates for 2020-2021 Bismarck Homecoming Queen are:

Brooke Cureton

Mercedes Douglas

Alexia Droege

Chloey Hardy

Kylie Hubbs

Kaitlin Naucke

Teagan Ryder

Miss Josie Campbell will be retiring as the 2019-2020 queen.  She is now attending the University of Missouri and pursuing a Bachelor of Health Science degree in speech-language pathology.

The 2020-2021 prince and princess for the homecoming celebration will be Isabella Marie Lacy and Samuel Allen Garling.

Class representatives for this year will be:

Freshmen: Madison Dunn & Macy Sheckles

Sophomores: Isabella Jenkins & Janson King

Juniors: Madison Randazzo & Rylee White-Steel

The coronation will follow the homecoming basketball game against Arcadia Valley.  The homecoming dance will follow the coronation and will last until about 11 PM.

The Smoke Signal asked each senior homecoming queen candidate a few questions for their personal profiles.  Please see their answers below.

How has the year 2020 impacted your life?

How would it feel if you were crowned Homecoming Queen?

What are some things that you are or have been involved in at Bismarck High School?

What are some of your hobbies and interests outside of school? 

Brooke Cureton

“2020/2021 has been full of excitement but I’m ready for new beginnings. I would love to be crowned queen, but who wouldn’t. I will be happy for whoever wins! I’ve been involved in volleyball, yearbook, FBLA, and JAG. Outside of school I enjoy spending time with my siblings, and of course having fun with the crew.”

Mercedes Douglas

“The school year of 2020-2021 has been bittersweet. It is our last homecoming and everyone is very excited. I would be glad to be crowned homecoming queen, but I am happy for every candidate this year. Being at Bismarck, I have been involved in Pep Club, FBLA, Yearbook, and I am Senior Class President. Outside of school I am usually laid up, being a homebody. This year has flown by, and I am ready for new beginnings!”

Alexia Droege

“The year 2020 didn’t impact my life very much except keeping me away from my friends which impacted my social life. It would be an honor to be crowned homecoming queen. It has been a dream of mine since I was little, and it increased when my brother won king. I am involved in NHS, Pep Club, FCA, and Student Council. I also play varsity volleyball and varsity cheer. My hobbies outside of school include watching Netflix and relaxing. Most of all hanging out with my friends and family.”

Chloey Hardy

“2020 has impacted my life in many ways and has taken a lot from me and my senior experience. I didn’t get to be a part of our senior caravan, I didn’t get to dress up for Halloween at school on our last time ever getting to, I missed my senior night with my friends, dances and many other events that are important to me. Having homecoming is very important to me because I finally get something special this senior year. To be crowned homecoming queen would be a surprise to me and it would make me happy. In high school I played volleyball for three years, basketball all four years and cross country. I have been a part of NHS, FBLA, JAG, A+, and yearbook. During school my hobbies include procrastinating and spending time with my friends. After school I work and play sports. I also spend a lot of time with my family and my boyfriend Dillan. I want to say I am thankful that we are able to have a homecoming this year and I am so excited to walk with my friends.”

Kylie Hubbs

“2020 has been a very different year, not only inside of school but everywhere outside of it. When you want to go to the store you have to have some sort of face covering and if you don’t you are either asked to put one on, given one, or given looks for wearing one.  If I was crowned homecoming queen I really don’t know how I would react, possibly crying would be a good guess. I’ve been involved in basketball, softball, and volleyball all throughout high school. I am also in NHS and FBLA.”

Kaitlin Naucke

“2020 has impacted my life in so many ways. Covid started the beginning of 2020 so it has all taken a toll on everyone not just mentally but every way possible. It has made a difference in just 1 whole year. It’s crazy.  If I were crowned homecoming queen it would be a different feeling. I have never walked in homecoming so this is my first year doing it so it would feel absolutely amazing if I were crowned homecoming queen and I would appreciate it more than anything. I’ve been going to Bismarck since Pre-K. There has been a change how the school is now compared to back then. I’ve been involved in volleyball since I was in the 5th grade or maybe even before then. I’ve also been in the pep club for 2 years now.  Some of my hobbies include hanging out with my family and spending as much time as I possibly can with them. Also, hanging out with friends on the days that I’m not with my family. I typically play volleyball in school and also outside school especially if it is summer time so I can go outside and play. I also just enjoy having a relaxed day at my dad’s or my mom’s house. I really enjoy going to the nail salon with my mom and having a girls’ day.”

Teagan Ryder

“Some of my hobbies include playing volleyball and basketball. I’m also involved in yearbook, pep club, Indian Insider, and FBLA. I think it would feel amazing to be crowned homecoming queen because it is every little girl’s dream to grow up and become a queen. Outside of school I like to watch movies with my little brother, listening to all of my grandpa’s old stories, and hang out with my friends and my sister when she is home from college.”  

Good luck to all the candidates!