Bismarck Does Well at the Annual MAC Math Competition

Back to Article
Back to Article

On Monday, March 11, a select number of Bismarck Math students traveled to compete in their annual math contest at Mineral Area College.  Students from 7th to 12th grade took mathematics tests based on their grade level.  High school math teacher, Mr. Randy Crites, accompanied the students from Bismarck to this event.  Bismarck students competed in the small school division against hundreds of students from other schools.

We are happy to announce that the 11th and 12th-grade Bismarck math team placed third overall.  Also, each student who competed within their grade level had a chance to win an individual medal if they placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.  Three Bismarck students won individual medals at the event.  Elizabeth Dreste placed second among freshmen in the small school division.  Josh Hale placed third for the junior class.  Lastly, Sarah Hale placed third in the senior division.

Congratulations to all students who participated in the MAC Math Competition.  Way to represent our school!!

Winners of individual medals from left to right: Sarah Hale (12 grade bronze medal), Elizabeth Dreste (9th grade silver medal), and Josh Hale (11th grade bronze medal

Members of the junior and senior math team and Elizabeth Dreste (2nd place winner for 9th grade) Team members from left to right: Kelsy Carrington, Ethan Penington, Alicia Aubuchon, Shaylin Ryder, Jade McEntire, Sarah Hale, Elizabeth Dreste (9th), Josie Campbell, Josh Hale, Madison Wilson, and at the bottom Logan Dunn