Honoring Our Veterans

Back to Article
Back to Article

Honoring Our Veterans

With Sunday being Veterans Day, Bismarck had the Veterans Day celebration on Friday, November 9th.  The Veterans Day ceremony was arranged by High School Social Studies teacher, Mr. Abe Warren.  High School Family and Consumer Sciences teacher, Mrs. Kim Bell, prepared a fantastic breakfast for all the veterans (shown below).

At the start of the ceremony, the presentation of colors was performed by the VFW 6947 Military Honor Team.  From there, the Bismarck Concert Choir sang the “National Anthem.”  Next, the second grade class led us in the Pledge of Allegiance.  After a short informational video about the origins of Veterans Day, the Bismarck Concert Band and Choir performed “Salute to the Armed Forces.”  The Bismarck Concert Band is under the direction of Mr. Dennis Mayberry.  The Bismarck Concert Choir is under the direction of Mr. Matthew Boyer.

5th Graders Jagger Ward and Ashley Hawkins read patriotic poems to help symbolize the true meaning of Veterans Day.  The keynote speaker was Sgt. Corey Gray.  Gray is currently enlisted member in the United States Army 245th MC.  The closing remarks for the ceremony were conducted by Bismarck Math teacher, Mr. Randy Crites.  At the end of the ceremony, high school students Caleb Boyd and Kacey Brewer played “Taps.”

A big thanks to all the veterans who served our country and sacrificed themselves for our freedom.  Happy Veterans Day!!