Renewed Sense of School Spirit

Back to Article
Back to Article

Renewed Sense of School Spirit

Today was a day where we celebrated a reinvigorated sense of Bismarck School Spirit.  The 2018-2019 school year will be one of support and unity in our school with the intent of having this renewed sense of pride become contagious within our community.  This morning started with a “Spirit Train” – https://youtu.be/wBzBa8eqvlU – which acted like a flash mob to surprise students while eating breakfast.

At 7:30 AM, teachers and students banded together to cheer throughout the hallway before class started.  The Bismarck Marching Band Drum Line and Bismarck JH/HS Cheerleaders helped raise the energy level at the event. Drum cadences and cheers echoed through the hallways of the Bismarck Elementary and High School creating a sense of excitement for students.  The Spirit Train served as a precursor to the school pride assembly to follow.

During 7th Hour, our Tribe Pride was celebrated again as we honored our fall sports programs, cheerleaders, and student council members.  The assembly was organized by Mandy Voyles and Jessica Sheckles who also happen to be our cheerleading coaches this year.  The assembly was emceed by Matthew Boyer and Chris Moss.  The assembly started off with Student Council President Alicia Aubuchon in a shopping cart with a vintage Bismarck megaphone shouting “BHS” while Rylee White pushed her around the gym.

We hope today helps to restore and rejuvenate Bismarck School Pride!  A big thank you to all faculty, students, and volunteers that helped make this day special for our kids.

We are one team, one tribe, and one community.  We are all Indians!!