New National Honor Society Inductees

On Wednesday, April 18, Bismarck National Honor Society accepted 13 new students into the club.  A select few sophomores and juniors are selected for this honor.  According to the National Honor Society website, www.nhs.us, here are the requirements for becoming a member.

Students in grades 10–­­12 who meet the requirements for membership outlined by their school’s chapter are eligible to be invited for membership.

Each chapter is required to publish its qualifications for membership, which is based on the four pillars of NHS:

• Scholarship
    Per national guidelines, at a minimum, students must have a cumulative GPA of 85, B, 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent standard of excellence. (Each school chapter is allowed to require a higher cumulative GPA.)
  • Service
    This involves voluntary contributions made by a student to the school or community, done without compensation.
  • Leadership
    Student leaders are those who are resourceful, good problem solvers, and idea contributors. Leadership experiences can be drawn from school or community activities while working with or for others.
  • Character
    The student of good character is cooperative; demonstrates high standards of honesty and reliability; shows courtesy, concern, and respect for others; and generally maintains a clean disciplinary record.

Students who meet the scholarship requirement will have an opportunity to complete a form detailing their accomplishments in and commitment to service, leadership, and character.

Here is the list of the 2017-2018 inductees:

Alicia Aubuchon

Kelsy Carrington

Armando Avalos

Payton Cole

Carrie Bockenkamp

Josh Hale

Mackenzie Bowen

Ethan Pennington

Adriana Boyd

Kennedy Wakefield

Macy Butery

Madison Wilson

Josie Campbell

Below are some images from the event…